Friday, April 29, 2005

Jesus and me

Last night I had the most amazing dream. I began my day wrapped in a wonderful feeling. Man I wish I had a remote control for my dream life. I would put this one on rewind and super-slow-mo and run it 24-7.

So I was at this big event of some sort, and rumor had it that Jesus was there somewhere. It looked like a concert, maybe. Brad thought perhaps it was U2. I can't verify that. Though as I told Brad I'm pretty sure it was not Dave Matthews Band, because that would have registered.

Anyway I spotted Him. Jesus. He was sitting on the ground kinda far away. And the people I was with (they were generally people I know and love but weren't exactly identified) couldn't see Him though I kept pointing Him out to them. Then Jesus saw me and He stood up. We ran up to each other, and into one another's arms. He wrapped His arms around me and we spun around and laughed and hugged and laughed some more. I was SO HAPPY.

The feeling of being held by Jesus was pretty much indescribable, but I'll give it a go. It was some combination of being held by my husband, but also of being a baby in my mother's arms, and also the feeling of holding my own babies, and my grown children hugging me, and looking into my father's eyes, and smelling my Grampo's cheeks and my best girlfriend's gentle hug.... it was all of that and way more. I felt so at home, so safe, so complete. I want it back.

So then Jesus and I walked together, arm in arm, down to the front row, where we apparently had really good seats, Him being Jesus and all. And we sat there, just talking, and laughing, and so happy being together. I guess we were waiting for the show to start. Not too sure about that. I didn't care about anything except that I was with Him.

Then lots of whispering started behind me, and I began to feel uncomfortable. I kept looking up into Jesus' face but He was unaffected by it. Then a woman (who looked vaguely like this church secretary where I was formerly on staff) tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and looked at her, and she berated me for our behavior. Jesus' and my behavior. I was like, "Um...yeah, but...see...it's Jesus!" She shook her head at me and all the people behind me began shaking their heads in unison.

This was quite disconcerting to me, and I snuggled in closer to Jesus and looked up into His face. He didn't even turn His head around to the people behind us, but held me closer and said, "It's okay. Don't even worry about it." And instantly everything else dissipated and I felt nothing but total joy. Me and Jesus. Just happy being together.

The end.

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger brad said...

Two Things

I like how Jesus timed your dream to coincide with the "Today's Scripture for April 29 (Philippians 4:6-8)" Nice.

Also, if you really want to have that same dream again the best thing to do is recreate the events immediately preceeding your journey into slumberland. LY, bb

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

Nice Jamie.
I really liked the line,"And instantly everything else dissipated and I felt nothing but total joy."
Yeeesssssss!
What about Brad's comment about "recreate the events immediately preceeding your journey?"

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

No comment.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home