Thursday, May 19, 2005

It Will Grow Back

Okay we've all been there. Your friend gets this really bad haircut, I mean it's really bad--and you can tell they like it, and think they look really good. You don't shoot them down and tell them it looks bad, do you? Well do you? NO. You just smile and tell yourself it will grow back.

Um..... yeah. Shaddie got a haircut for the summer. And the thing is, he doesn't know it makes his head look gargantuan. And his tail...good grief his tail. I believe Mel described it as looking as though it came from another animal entirely. Maybe even another species.

But Shaddie is happy, and cool--not cool like hip, trust me on this one--and there is a new spring in his step, and a gleam in his eye. Just look at that expression on his face. He couldn't wait for me to take his picture. So I will thank you to keep your comments either to yourself or at least out of his earshot, because a dog's self image is everything. And besides, it will grow back.


3 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger brad said...

This photo makes him look like one of those head bobbing trinkets found in the rear window of a Chevy Impala. Poor Shaddie.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Melody said...

It's okay Jamie. Nattie is not a shallow dog. She looks at the inside more the the outside. Of course, there is no guarantee that he'll be the #1 dog in her heart, though....but he could be #2 or #3.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

I'm sure your words were meant to comfort, Mel. But I think I shall refrain from sharing them with Shaddie, if you don't mind. I believe he thinks he's top dog right now, and I will not be the one to burst his bubble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home