Thursday, August 04, 2005

what I learned while backpacking...


Graveyard Lakes

Brad took me on a great backpacking adventure these past few days. He is a great companion, navigator, and one heck of a hiker, I might add. I am happy to be home but miss being in the mountains with him.

I learned something. If a trail or lake or other destination has the words 'hell', 'graveyard', or 'devil' in it, that translates out to "really really hard climb uphill that will make you think you are going to die" and also "amazingly beautiful spot that was worth it all."


see more pictures here.

2 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

I went to a Graveyard lakes by Edison Lake. Did you go to the same one?

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Yep. It's above Edison. It was sooo beautiful. We hiked to about 12 different lakes. Sweeeeet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home