Thursday, March 30, 2006

humanity i love you

Humanity i love you because you
are perpetually putting the secret of
life in your pants and forgetting
it's there and sitting down

--e.e. cummings

There is this site I love to read.
Because it's about people, and how they are.
Funny, disgusting, sad, clueless, brilliant, vulgar, ridiculous, lonely, and endearing.
I
t isn't all that clean or whatever, but it is real.

It's called Overheard in New York. And that's pretty self-explanatory. Here are some of my favorites:

Teen girl #1: We're not going to KFC! Their food is, like, poison.
Teen girl #2: Yeah, they kill their chickens alive.

--96th & Lexington

Woman #1: Don't you hate taking the train so early in the morning? I take it every day.
Woman #2: Could you not talk to me?

--A train


Waiter: How would you like your eggs?
Guy: Can I get two eggs scrambled, one sunny side up?
Waiter: Um...I...Um...I don't...
Guy: Whatever. Give me three scrambled eggs. God.

--Ben Ash Delicatessen, 7th Avenue

Guy #1: Yo, what's the Louisiana Purchase?
Guy #2: You mad dumb, yo. That's when they illegally sold all that alcohol.

--St. Francis College, Brooklyn Heights

Guy: I could become a sheriff. Don't you have to take a test to become a sheriff? What if you have one of those disorders that you throw up whenever you take a test?
Girl: Well I guess you could get a note or something.
Guy: Oh yeah, you could be like, "I threw up on my test, that's why it smells funny. Here's a note."

--F train

1 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Cosby said...

I'm stuck on my couch (well, not stuck, but my cat is on my lap and who likes to kick a sleeping cat off a lap?) anyway, I'm reading blogs and this post has had me laughing for about 5 minutes.... so entertaining... Have a mentioned how much I love your blog? laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home