Friday, May 26, 2006

jesus brings it

So most of you know I have these board meetings I go to once a month. And they are hard. I leave there exhausted and wondering 'Why, why, why do we have them?'

And I ask, "Lord... does it have to be like this? Shouldn't people on my board, whom You have brought (I like to remind Him), understand
what we are doing in our ministry? Is that so much to ask?!?!?"

The thing is, I know the answer. He has people on that board who cause me to grow, who need to grow themselves, and He ministers to all of us up in the mix. So usually I just go forward, praying on my way to the meeting, and that's the way it goes.

Last night Jesus pulled a fast one. He decided to use the board meeting, of all things, to encourage me. Yes there were still hard moments and all, but in repeated little ways He spoke to me. He loved on me. He reassured me. And most of all, He reminded me that, believe it or not, it's not all about me.

I know. It's a shocker.

Prayers sent that out very day began to be answered...and the enemy's hold on some things began to break and loosen... and new people showed up and stories were told of miracles God has made and is making in people's lives.

And I sat there with tears making my vision blur, and He reminded me what a good thing that is. Because my vision is tainted. And His is pure.

For just the briefest moment I saw things differently, with a purer heart. And it was beautiful.

3 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger dave said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger dave said...

hey, if you ask me back on the board, i will be a yes man (Unless i haved a no), will bring donuts and wava every time, will give you a raise if you find the hidden message to you on my myspace, will weave U2 lyrics into the minutes, hire Rev Blodge to be your secretary,and will even wear the same shirt i wore to the first board meeting, pictured here (i haven't washed it since

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger dave said...

what's funny is i clicked on your title, because i thought maybe it referred to george carlin's "when will Jesus bring the pork chops"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home