Friday, November 14, 2008

my view on the matter

I'm imagining we are all weary--no matter who we voted for--of hearing condemnation or bewilderment directed towards Christians who support Obama.

Well. I'm weary of it, anyway.

In my opinion, Obama's alleged position on abortion is--in light of the tragedy of abortion--a good one.

Here is a link where you may read about it yourself, and also follow related links to help increase your understanding, if need be:

2008 Democratic Compassion Forum at Messiah College on Apr 13th.

You can also read about the Prevention First Act bill which Obama supports.

From what I have read and comprehend, Obama sees abortion as a problem and a tragedy that cannot be solved by a law, as something that needs to be addressed on a deeper level. He proposes we put our energy there.

I agree with this approach. I work in an impoverished neighborhood, and see in the eyes of the young girls I love that a law will not move them. There are always ways around laws. What will bring about change is what has always done it, and Jesus gave us the best example. It is through relationship, and truth, meeting needs, and reaching people where they are.

As I see it, if the church spent more time doing this, and less time judging and proclaiming, we would see real change.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

I found your blog through Sarah's. My blog is onecalifornianfamily.blogspot.com

It's fun reading yours and getting caught up on "you".

Love you!!

Mindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home