Thursday, February 17, 2005

Reflections on light and darkness

Psalm 139 states that the dark is not truly dark to God, in fact, light and dark are the same to Him. I find a promise in this passage in the news of my friend taking his own life. The tragedy itself is completely dark and black...there is no goodness or light in his life prematurely ending at his own will. However, the God who can create light out of a nothingness, the God who sees through the darkness as if He was looking at a brilliantly lit day; this is the same God who will take this dark and tragic triumph of the enemy and cause some form of light to come from it. Although these reflections do not ease the pain and sadness of my friend's death, they do sustain my hope in the superior and ultimate power of Jesus Christ.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

My friend Renee also took her own life in November. The sorrow from it comes in waves, at unexpected times. Her life was racked with pain, so i like to imagine her with Jesus now...happy and healed. There is a verse in Malachi that I put on her memorial card: 'For you who fear me, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in His wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy.' I like to imagine Renee leaping with joy and feeling free. It has sustained me in the hard moments. May you and the others who are hurting find something from Jesus to help you through. His, Jamie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home