Sunday, March 06, 2005

i realized something this week, something that i think i should have known, but didn't and something that kind of surprised me. it seems stupid to say but to me this is a huge "lightbulb" moment. ok, most people know that i cannot keep a secret not ever, i am so pathetic that i actually take my kids with me to buy their christmas presents and then if they happened to not be there i show them to them. my poor children always know what they are getting for every gift giving event! how sad, right?! i hate that i am like that, it drives dave bonkers, but no matter what i always tell. when i got george his shirt, i wanted so much to tell, but i didn't, and it was nice that he was surprised. well, this weekend two very huge things came up that need absolute secrecy, and i mean huge, my best friend shannon, threatened my life with telling them, she said it wasn't even worth doing if i told. so here i was stuck with two great pieces of information, that i want to share with my family, and yet i know that if they are surprised it will be so much sweeter, so i told myself over and over again, you can't tell, and that soon turned into why do you always tell. and around 3am on sunday morning, i realized why i can't keep a secret. all my life, people did horrid things to me, and always said, don't tell, bad things will happen if you tell, and to me, i always thought it weird that bad things were always happening even without telling, so how could telling be worse?! when i became aware of all of the things i had not known about my life, and realized how many secrets were locked away in my mind, i decided that i didn't want to have secrets anymore, and even good things that are meant to be surprises and fun, tortured me if i didn't tell. this was huge to me, and i have decided that i will not divulge these secrets or die trying not to, and see what the result will be, how will the "surprisees" respond with an actual surprise from me? how will i do with knowing something great without being able to let them in on it? one surprise is this month, the other not until the end of june, will i make it? i don't know, but you can be praying that i do. my family will be amazed if i can pull this off. some secrets i think are worth keeping!

3 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Cosby said...

you could write it down and then sendn it in the mail. to someone and then it is no longer a secret. maybe...see you on tuesday.

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or go here.
It's Future Mail. You can send someone an email and specify the date it comes. You know... if you really need to get it out.

I guess we might just be defeating the purpose here...

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

You amaze me all the time. Not only are you growing but you are figuring out stuff from deep places. I am proud of you as always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home