Friday, April 29, 2005

Storms and prophets

Three nights ago, I also had a very vivid dream that I would like to share. After reading Jamie's dream, I can tell you I wish I would have had hers instead of mine!

I was with my family(immediate and extended) staying in a cabin on the ocean. I was feeling a great deal of urgency and panic because I knew there were major storms coming in...so major that they would definitley wipe out the house in which we were staying and the surrounding shore areas. I knew they were coming because the prophets had foretold it(yes, it gets a bit weird). I kept going outside the house to check to see if they were coming...and finally I could see the sky grow pitch black in the horizen and saw many jagged bits of lightening. The storms was moving toward us, and it filled me with ominous foreboding and dread. I ran inside and begged my family to come out and look at the approaching darkness..because they hadn't believed me before. They came out, but the darkness had lifted. "There are no storms coming, Melody," I remember my uncle saying.

"But the prophets foretold it. Don't you believe the prophets? Don't you believe there is such a thing as prophecy?"

I remember my uncle and dad shaking their heads and saying, "No, we don't believe in present day prophets. Don't worry about it." They went back inside, and as soon as they left, the darkness moved back in and a very strong wind began. The wind was so strong that I was crawling on my belly, clenching the rocks and dirt in my hands so I wouldn't get blown away. I was desperately trying to get back to the house, and I remember the acute panic and terror that nobody would listen or believe me before it was too late. Then I woke up. What do you guys think...have I been watching the Lord of the Rings too much?

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

A. There's no such thing as watching LOTR too much.

2. I'll have to think about that dream of yours....

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

Mel,
Thanks for sharing your dream.
Your dream has me thinking. Good thinking.
George

 

Post a Comment

<< Home