Friday, October 28, 2005

How is that okay?


Like Debbie, I was reminded of some things as well. Some good, and some not so good.

I was reminded how much I have learned from Debbie, how grateful I am to her for taking what the enemy meant for evil and using it to impart spiritual wisdom, understanding, and awareness.

I was starkly reminded how much I hate the 'scare you to Jesus' approach. At this 'church' event there was nothing of Jesus that felt like Him. The enemy was HUGE. The star of the production, if you will.

Oh and one of my former Dakota House kids was in one of the dramas. So I stood there watching Jesse Bustos die in a car wreck before my eyes. Weird.

The best thing I could think of to tell my girls was that maybe that method works for some people, but that Jesus had LOVED me into His arms, not frightened me to Him, and that's the approach I like best.

All through the experience I kept looking to Debbie, watching her face, checking in.... so glad she was there.... the girls took to her naturally and felt safe with her. That was my favorite part.

And of course I kept asking myself, asking Jesus, "Have I made a huge mistake bringing my girls to this?"

And can somebody please explain to me the deal with the weed? It was like the Cheech and Chong van...bellowing out... the thick and undeniable presence of pot in the air and in our faces, clinging to our clothes and filling our lungs.... Debbie did you ask Davey about that? How is that okay?

The thing is... I was reminded that I find myself asking that question a lot. "How is that okay?" I mean I ask it a lot when I go to churches. So there you have it.

But look at those girls. Gabby, Celia, Elizabeth and Tamika. God has brought them together, to us, to Himself. He has plans for them. Much of what we saw in the Nightmare scenarios looked like their street, their homes, the lives around them. Jesus has called to them and they are answering. And that is what somehow makes it all okay. Human mistakes and blunders are powerless in the face of His love. Thank God.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger one of many said...

yeah I told dave, and no it is not okay. he was alarmed, he wants to go because it disturbed him that they would have the nerve to do that. let you know if he does go. thanks for the kind words though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home