Sunday, June 18, 2006

poem from Outpost by Tamika


As I step off this grounds
of Outpost and camp
I'm amazed that I actually got
this chance.
To do things I've never done Before.
And get closer to God then I
Use to.
The food here is good, and the songs were too
as I stood.
I will never forget this week.
It will stay with me forever.
The fun part is when I got to do
this with the people that came together.
This trip taught me to let go of my
fears.
The rock climb I thought I couldn't do...
I did.
The swing that made me feel like I was
flying AND NOBODY COULD STOP ME!
So as I step off this ground,
I THANK everybody who was here, and
Everyone who was around.

--Tamika Evans
Dedicated to staff, & people who cooked in the cafeteria

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll pass this along, if it hasn't already been done.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Thanks Cory. I would love for all of you at Calvin Crest to see it. A good reminder that what you guys do matters. A lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home