Monday, October 16, 2006

why i love my neighborhood


In the past few days I have been spending way too much time in front of my computer writing a paper. In order to keep from going completely wacko, I have taken a few long walks/bike rides.

Here are some of things I have recently witnessed in my neighborhood:

--a chicken crossing the road

--two elderly black men getting jiggy at the piano in the Salvation Army

--a conversation at the Fiesta Foods checkout counter involving FOUR languages

--a skater's victory dance after a magnificent grind off a loading dock railing

--an old old lady wearing a babushka giving me a huge toothless smile

--a pack of about 20 dogs terrorizing the trash piles in the alley

--myself buying an entire outfit for $12.00

--a tacqueria con mariscos on just about every corner

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE these trash cans! I am graffiti arts biggest fan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home