Friday, April 06, 2007

just to my right

The first time I walked into the church we are attending (I still have a hard time calling it our church...but it actually is now) I came undone.

Something in me broke and I cried and laughed and worshiped God and thanked Jesus and knew I was home.

But I was still scared.

As I was singing and praising God and feeling all twitterpated and whatnot, I asked Him "So, is this... like... a church where I could...like...be okay?"

Just then, to the right, my eye caught a glimpse of a flash of color, and I looked, and I saw a slight young woman, dancing and waving this lovely shimmering flag. She was completely lost in her worship. This moved me inexplicably...though I have always loved the banners.... they seem like a visual representation of the moving of the spirit...but still it stirred me to my core for some reason...anyway I smiled at God and told Him I might be thinking that maybe I could possibly conceivably per chance consider considering this place.

And she is always there, just to my right, every Sunday.

At my women's group this week I learned something about this young woman who dances before her Lord. She lost a daughter six months ago.

So I stand humbled, amazed, encouraged, and astounded by the enormity of our God. By the joy and the depth of Him.

He lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home