Tuesday, March 13, 2007

1984. not the book. the life.

My daughter Aimee is a saver of things. Me too. All my kids are, actually. Sometimes my older children have been known to procure things (like pictures and home movies) from boxes in my basement. Mostly I don't like that, though I am powerless to stop it, especially since I usually don't even know it has happened.

This morning Emi
ly came into my room as I was waking up. She wanted to show me something.

It was this old photo booth strip. Apparently at some point Aimee absconded with it. I have not seen it in years. She is using it for her MySpace picture.

So Em and I sat side by side with our morning coffee looking at my girls and me. In 1984.

Starting the day getting thrown into the past is a powerful thing.

I still haven't quite recovered.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Melody said...

Wow, what a beautiful little family. Although, I'm glad you flattened your hair a bit to keep up with the times(I'm fully aware that that hairstyle was cutting edge in the 80's).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home