Tuesday, February 06, 2007

just the facts, maam

Tomorrow morning I am joining a new group. At a church. I know. It's crazy.

It's kind of a long story... the basics are this:

--There's a woman at Vineyard who started the church here with her husband.

--We speak the same language.

--She is starting the group.

--She stood up in front of the church and announced it, calling it a 'gathering'.

--She said we will pray and worship and see where God takes things.

--It's for women only.

--I told God "Well I can't go because I have class on Wednesday morning. I could only go if it is between 9:00 and 11:00. "

--She announced it is between 9:00 and 11:00.

--God told both of us, separately, that I am supposed to go.

--I have been praying for/scared to death of something like this for a long time.

So those are the facts, and even I must admit they are pretty compelling. More later. I'm kinda busy spending the day having multiple doubtful conversations with an exceedingly patient God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home