Friday, February 16, 2007

do the thing

So I've been to the women's group twice now. The first time it was a little rough. I was too freaked out to relax and enjoy myself, I think.

But this last time it was different. In a fairly intimate setting of women, we sat in a circle and shared some joys, miracles, heartaches, and fears. Women's voices joined, softly at first and then growing stronger, to sing a praise to our Father. It was a song that God had recently used to connect with me and was therefore all the sweeter.

During the prayer time I found myself in a bond of three women--an older woman God has clearly put in my life as an answer to prayer, and a younger woman, for whom God gave me a picture that spoke directly to her heart. We held onto one another and prayed, as the Spirit fell upon us and lifted us out of that room and into His presence.

I walked back to campus with a new joy. And I remembered a quote I hadn't thought of in a while. It is something Eleanor Roosevelt said.

"You must do the thing
you think you cannot do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home