Thursday, September 06, 2007

NateVision



The other day, after I had squirted myself for the 47th time with the kitchen sprayer that Nate had rigged with a rubber band, I got to thinking about this son of mine.

He kinda lives (as a friend of ours would say) "in his own private Idaho."
He simply yet passionately embraces whatever comes his way.

He does his own thing.


He is a little bit odd, actually. In a surprisingly refreshing way.

Sometimes I think that if someone followed Nate around with a camera, and people could watch
NateVision: All Nate, All The Time, it would be a good thing. Like, therapists would tell their patients to watch NateVision to learn how to live in the moment; and folks who have trouble relaxing could just switch the NateVision on and settle in for a little calming-down session, and anyone who wanted to just laugh and get those endorphins going might check in to see what ol' NateDog is up to.

Until the reality of NateVision comes to be, I believe I will just thank God for my own access to him, and be grateful for the gift of Nate.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home