Saturday, October 06, 2007

random stuff that is oddly related

For my Psychology class I am supposed to be doing a genogram for my own family. This is a rather daunting prospect. The name of the class is Family Therapy. Every time I attend class I leave there blown away. Sometimes I think therapy should be a requirement. For everyone. As in, you get it in kindergarten. No wait--pre-school.


Brad sent me a quote the other day that I cannot get out of my mind. Here it is:

The earth, and we long with it, will be saved not by the over-achieving and violent ambition of Cain's family line, but by the humble, simple, and unsophisticated way of life of Seth and his descendants--a people whose only accomplishment worth writing about is that they pray and live their lives in such a way that they can produce someone about whom they say,'she walked with God', or 'his life was characterized by an uncommon intimacy with The Maker.' --Chris Erdman


I continue to spend one day every week with Grampo since Grams died. He has been telling me stories from our family's past. More and more I am struck by the realization that I come from a long line of crazy Italians.

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Deadmanshonda said...

Oh but how lovely that the long line of crazies have resulted in she who walks with God....a beautiful line it is. And I did get a good laugh and happy nod of appreciation for your first paragraph. Pre-school. Perfect.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger BK said...

I love Italians...especially you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home