Wednesday, January 20, 2010

your story


Donald Miller has a new book. It's called A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I finished it a week or so ago but it is still inside my head, swirling around and stirring things up.

Ask yourself this question: "If my life were a book, and I picked it up to read it, would I want to finish it? Or would I put it down because it is too boring, meaningless, trivial? Would I like the main character (me) and root for for her?

From chapter 12:

If the point of life is the same as the point of a story, the point of life is character transformation.

and...

If the character doesn't change, the story hasn't happened yet.

Just thinking about wounds, and healing, and transformation. And thanking Jesus for His place in all of that.

2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger BK said...

Loved this. Thanks for blogging again :)

LY

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Miss Kitty said...

I would go to the last page of "my story" or book, and find out how it ends! Love u friend, Katharine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home