Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I Didn't Get A Snickerdoodle

Jamie, you are a blogging machine.

Yesterday evening we left Calvin Crest as I was in the middle of a three hour (or so) headache. I totally forgot about prayer, so when Lyndsay walked into the office and said, "Ready to go?", I broke internally. I hit that point where everything frustrated me. Any word or action from anybody I wasn't expecting only made my head hurt worse. I wasn't entirely excited to drive to Fresno.

I didn't say much during prayer last night. My head hurt and I have a pretty hefty case of spiritual ADD. But what I did notice, and was blessed by, was how comforting it was to rest while around me your words and prayers were flying up. There is something soothing about being around people who pray. Sometimes I feel bad for staying quiet - like I'm not "involved" - but know that I'm with you, enjoying the communion.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Cory--
Somehow without speaking too much you still manage to convey your presence. And I recall your prayer beseeching all of us to remember whom we represent. Those wise words taken to heart would have saved my children (and me) a lot of sorrow and hurt feelings a few years ago.
Yeah.... I was a blogging machine today. I was not, however, a letter-writing, message-returning, laundry-doing, deadline-meeting machine today. Some days are like that.
J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home