Monday, February 21, 2005

What can we do?

It was 6 years ago at the Tower Christian School Valentines Day party that the unthinkable happened. The 65 kids aged 1-13 had completed all the activities planned and we still had around 45 minutes left before the rest of the parents came to pick them up. The lady incharge came over to me and asked me, "What can we do?" With the kids bodies full of sugar, I figured that a wonderful nap time was not going to happen. Nor did I think that "Heads up 7-up" was in order. So I suggested a paper airplane contest the kind I had in my 8th grade science class every year. It was simple, cheap and a lot of fun. I appointed a few parents for the job of judges and away we went. It was a blast. Anyway, two years ago, Tower Christian School was awarded 1st place in the state by a state wide home school organization for having the best field trip/event in the entire state. The event? The paper airplane contest. Check out the winners from this year's contest in the above link. I hope that it will work. If not, then type this in and see what happens: http://www.towerchristian.com/Pictures/Valentines%202005/2005.html
Blessings,
George

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home