Sunday, March 27, 2005

An Easter Thought

Just a thought:
Why did the stone get rolled away from the tomb? To let Jesus out? The all powerful, resurrected body, exalted Jesus out? Maybe. But I am thinking the stone got rolled away to let us in.
In John 20:26 we read, "After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you."
Wait a minute. The doors were shut and he stood in their midst? Did He go through the walls? I think so. This new resurrected body of Jesus apparently can go through walls. Could He also go through stone?
I think the stone rolled away was an invitation for all to believe without doubt. Could you imagine Jesus saying, "Hey the stone is still there but have faith that this is me." No, rather, "Hey go take a look for yourself.
Then in Verse 27 "Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing." 28 Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
Smart move Thomas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home