Monday, March 28, 2005

A New Generation

When I was 16 I had no clue who Jesus was. To me He was mostly an icon, hanging in statuary form in all the Catholic churches we ever attended. He was 'the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world have mercy on us' in a rote phrase we repeated without emotion. I had no relationship with Him and made no decisions based on a connection with Him.

Emily and Jacob are my daughter and nephew. They are 16--only three weeks apart in age. They know Him. They talk to Him and have been prayed over in His name and have given their lives to Him.

I am grateful that though I have made many mistakes--many of them in my role as a mother--Jesus has made Himself real to my children, nieces, and nephews. There is a new generation coming up. The blessings we have prayed over them will bless my grandchildren and great grandchildren. There is hope for the future. Jesus makes all things new.

3 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger brad said...

Not even a queen can out do the KING!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

You were raised Catholic too?
"Oh my God I am heartly sorry for having..."
"Hail Mary, full of Grace..."
"Forgive me Father for I have sinned, my last confession was..."

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Stop. I didn't want to do memories today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home