Thursday, March 10, 2005

Our Hearts

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; Who can understand it?"
I have heard this scripture quoted when the topic of listening to Jesus in your heart comes up. I am told that I should not trust what I hear in my heart because... and then I hear this verse. I know I am told this ususally in love because they do not want to see me go astray.
ON THE OTHER HAND, IT IS WRITTEN:
2 Cor. 5:17: "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature, the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." They, "HAVE" come. I take comfort in knowing that they have come. That sounds like "now" to me.

Ezekiel 11:19: "And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh."

Paul writes in Eph. 1:18 "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints."

I perk up when I hear people say, " I feel in my heart that...." "My heart is telling me." I think at times it is Jesus speaking to them and eventually to me. I would be smart to listen and test it with the Holy Spirit and my brothers and sisters in Jesus.

One of my goals is to listen to my heart today, the new heart that Jesus has given me.
May the eyes of our hearts be enlightened today.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

George--
I like this. It is causing me to think, which is always good. I listen to my heart because that's where Jesus speaks to me. I also have 'bad' things happening there sometimes. But I can tell the diference between when it is Jesus and when it is not. The Jesus stuff is never bad. Hard sometimes, but never bad.
I like your heart, George.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger one of many said...

what made you wonder so much about your heart? this seems kind of sad to me, but perhaps it is because i don't always understand. you have a great way of making the word of god come alive for me. thank you for that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home