Sunday, March 20, 2005

Three community ingredients

Cindy and I are reading the book, "Waking the Dead." It is a good book that we have enjoyed reading together on Sundays for the past few months. In the book, the author talks a lot about the importance of living the Christian life in community. We need each other!
In the process of reading this book, I have been thinking about my personal life and my involvement in the Christian community here in Fresno. I have come up with three ingredients that I think are important for a community of believers to thrive. The book mentions some of these and has a lot more good things to say about community.

#1. Each member must spend some time alone with God.
#2. Each member needs to help and serve others in the community. (we must let our needs be known)
#3. There must be a mutual cause greater then the community. (Go into all the world...) (advance the Kingdom of God)

For me the key is in the balance of the three.
A balance that I will pay more attention to.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Sometimes the mutual cause and serving others in the community comes together. With a pipe wrench. We love you George.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home