Monday, April 18, 2005

Once again I am amazed and brought to my knees

It is very easy to tell someone to trust God. But doing it... well, even though I profess to do it I think that really, truly, when it comes down to something that affects my life and my heart in a deep way, I struggle more than I would like to believe.

This weekend God did a very unexpected thing. He showed me something that was a threat to my son Nate, about the father in a home where he was spending the night. I told my son about it, thinking that I was just giving him information to protect him. As it turns out, God wanted to do something bigger for Nate. And for me.

Unbeknownst to me, Nate has been struggling with faith. He told me he has been having feelings of doubt. This from my son who has for many years considered himself a warrior in the spiritual battle. But the enemy has been speaking to him, and I was clueless.

When I told Nate what God had put on my heart about this home where he was staying, he confronted his friend, and found out that what God had showed me was true. I will never forget the look on my son's face when he said to me, "Mom--God is amazing. You don't understand how much that builds my faith up." And then he told me of his recent struggles with his faith.

Nate was able to warn his friend, giving good testimony to a boy who does not live in a home that knows Jesus. And Nate had his own faith strenghtened in the process.

And now he understands that just as when his football coach puts five guys on a good player of the opposing team, the enemy likewise targets spiritual warriors, and his arrows are aimed at Nate. And he also understands that God reached out to him, showing Himself to Nate just when he needed it.

And as for me, I realized that I too have been targeted recently. After some time of feeling unmotivated, overwhelmed, cynical, weighed down to the point where even simple things seemed too much, and feeling ashamed to speak about it, Jesus told me to ask my husband to pray for me. And I did. And he is. Faithfully. And God showed me many things over this past weekend for which I am deeply grateful. And this morning I walk into my day with hope restored and eyes cleared. And he told me to tell about it, though I feel hesitant to do so.

God forgive me for my unfaithfulness and pride, and thank you for giving me a husband who understands his place as my spiritual leader and protector. Thank you for watching over my children, whom you love even more than I do. Thank you for showing me I need to trust You, and listen to your instruction. Once again I am amazed and brought to my knees by the wondrous power and gentle loving intimacy of You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home