Saturday, May 21, 2005

i am anakin skywalker

i am anakin skywalker, not physically, but you know what i mean. i had intended to write this blog shortly after exiting the theater after seeing episode 3, but i soon realized that this would have to be lengthier than i had originally intended since there are people like jamie barker who have no real knowledge of star wars and would therefore be lost with my blog. so, jaime, and other non-informed, a little synopsis for you.... anakin skywalker was a child, a slave child, who was taken in by the good guys to be trained in their ways, along the way, he encountered "feelings" which were not ok for the teaching he was being given, along comes the bad guy who decides that he is better use to him on the dark side, so he spends a lot of time and energy turning anakin to him, i know this is not evident in the movies but it is the truth, so, eventually anakin does turn to the dark side, and he is powerful, but along the way he loses "himself" becomes darth vader, he is no longer anakin, his reign of terror spans a long time, until, luke skywalker, the blond one in the movie with han solo, jaime. comes along and learns that darth vader was once anakin skywalker, he the end, luke tells him, there is still good in you, please father help me, and in a very dramatic scene, darth vader turns on the emperor and saves luke, luke removes the mask that hides anakin and looks upon his father in his last moments of life. very moving. ok, now that you hopefully get the jist of what my original blog was to be about, let me say, i am anakin skywalker, i was taken as a child, adopted into a family who loved the light side, yet in the midst of all of that i was taken and brought up in the ways of the dark side, i became someone other than myself, wore a mask if you will, i became very powerful, yet i wasn't myself, i met a man along the way, keith martens, who simply said to me there is good in you, that was all it took, i fought my way away from the dark side sometimes it felt as if i would die trying, but there was still good in me, and over time i have tapped into that good, and moved farther and farther away from the dark side. many days i look back and remember the power that the darkness brought, but i tell myself, was it really power or just a shadow caused by the light around me? i can't say that i loved the new star wars, but it brought to my mind how easily feelings can turn one to the darkness, and how there is always someone on the dark side ready to tell us exactly what we want to hear to keep us there, sometimes the lighter side is so busy fighting the force of the darkness that they let individuals slip by undetected, even those so close to them, to the dark. i pray that i will not be so caught up in "being light" that i miss someone i loves descent into darkness, because then why even be light? what is the point if that happens? i came back from a really dark place, and i hope that i can keep others from ever going there. that's it, all i wanted to say.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

So you have managed to do it. You have redeemed Star Wars for me. Okay...more importantly, you have opened my eyes. ONCE AGAIN.

Jesus help me to see when the dark side threatens those I love. And me. And thank you for Debbie , whom I have known all along is a gift from You.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger TonyB said...

Thank you for letting us be a part of your story. Your life has had a profound affect on us all...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home