Sunday, May 01, 2005

"This looks like church to me."

This morning I am not going to church, because I had such good church last night I don't want to risk ruining it.

It was a party, actually. My best friend's husband has been out of prison for 10 years, and those of us who love him gathered to celebrate. There was food, and worship, and the opportunity for all of us to get up and talk about what Jesus has done, in the life of this man we love, and also in our lives, by way of being in the body together. And loving one another.

At some point, my beautiful friend shouted out in that voice I know so well: "This looks like church to me!"

Me too.

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

I agree Jamie.
That was church last night.
I loved it there.
Was happy to be there.
I hope there is a 10 year 1 month party!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home