Monday, June 06, 2005

Do you know how the clouds hang poised?



This past stormy winter--just a few cabins down from ours-- a tree decided to crack and fall onto our neighbor's porch, just missing the door of the cabin itself. Several times this weekend I would walk past it--or crawl under the huge trunk blocking the path we normally take--and every time I would stop and shake my head in wonder at the sight. I'm sure this sort of thing happens all the time, but for me it was stunning to see. It reminded me that we never know when the storm is going to hit and what form the devastation will take. It also reminds me that God can not only calm the storm, He can cause it. And He can call to us while we are in it.

From the 37th chapter of Job:

He unleashes the lightning...
He thunders with His majestic voice...
He says to the snow/rain/: "Fall on the earth"...
The breath of God produces ice...
He loads the clouds with moisture...

Stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes the lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of Him who is perfect in knowledge?


I choose to put my faith in the One who is perfect in knowledge... the One who laid the earth's foundation and lovingly placed me upon it. In Him will I trust.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home