Thursday, February 23, 2006

update on Samo

Well... I was unable to get into juvenile hall to see Samo yesterday. The restrictions are so tight with minors, which I guess is a good thing... but extremely frustrating. Davey did get in to see him, though, for which I am grateful. Samo seemed okay to Dave, and he even told Dave he is praying. He has to stay in there at least until his court date this next Tuesday.

Samo's mom Jackie has asked me to go with her to court. She is torn up because she is the one who turned him in for residential burglary, thinking it would do him some good to spend a night there... that it would teach him a lesson. Now the system has taken over and she has lost all control.

Samo's older brother Joe is coming home from jail sometime this month. He calls me periodically and tells me he has changed, and knows that God has changed his mother, and he wants a good life for their whole family now.

God has done so much with this family. I could talk for hours with stories of what I have seen them go through in the last 9 years or so. Joe and Samo lived with us for a while when their mom was in prison, and my kids and I became very close to them. Our hearts are breaking... they are so close to having a whole, intact family. How very like the enemy to try to prevent that from happening.

So I ask you to pray against the enemy's schemes, and to hold Jackie and her family in your hearts and prayers. God has great plans. His love will not fail them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home