Saturday, February 18, 2006

girls' night IN

We had a sleepover at our house last night. Girls only. There were the usual ingredients: movies, pizza, snacks, lots of laughing and talking, staying up late, sleeping in and eating a huge breakfast, the freedom of being girls without the pressure of guys around... there were also some differences.

--girls who were unaccustomed to sitting at a table to eat.
"I feel so special sitting here."
--being surprised by real flowers on the table.
"For reals? Them flowers aren't fake?"
--truly appreciating things:
"Mmmm... I never sat by a fireplace. This is sooo nice."
--lifestyle contrasts:
"How many families
live up in here?"
--freedom from responsibilites:
"I don't gotta watch my brothers. I can just chill."

Thank you Jesus for giving me the privilege, the space, and the time. And for Emily, who continues to amaze me with her love, patience, and wisdom.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Cory PiƱa said...

I don't think I've told you that I like what you do.

I like it.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Cosby said...

glad i get to sit by that fire weekly. it reallyis a set-apart place. thanks for the constant hospitality and the wood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home