Tuesday, February 22, 2005

today i am a mother

today i am a mother, like that isn't what i am everyday?! but today, i had to step it up. be the strong one, the rock in a childs big scary world. zedekiah got braces today! it is a new beginning in his life. he is so dramatic that i almost laughed aloud a few times. the girl working on his teeth, did laugh. he wants to know exactly what is happening, why it is happening, how long will it take to happen, and what is being used to make it happen. it was an interesting time i had with my son today. took him to lunch that he could barely eat, and then the dreaded orthodontist office. he went to the bathroom twice before they ever saw him. i sat there listening to him question each and every move that was being made, and it occured to me, that to my son, who is nearly 11, this was the scariest thing that he has ever gone through. he has not had to worry about anyone hurting him, or leaving him, so to him this was a HUGE deal! and i smiled inside because i had done my job, being his parent, one that loves and protects him, encourages, and disciplines him, one that laughs and jokes with him, watching endless hours of gameboy and ps2 games, i have guided him and loved him, taught him to love and honor god, i did it, i actually did it, i am a mother today, and i did a good job.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Dakota House said...

So happy to see you on here, my friend. And yes, you are doing a good job. This morning I am questioning my own skills as a parent so it is good to see someone resting in the feeling of confidence that flits in and out in my own heart and abode. Hey--checked out your blog... couldn't post to it and it called me 'anonymous'. I said to the screen, "Oh uh-uh I don't think so. She is my friend and I am hers and she knows me. And still likes me." I think I may have stuck my tongue out at the monitor, but I can't be sure. Love you. See you tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home