Monday, May 02, 2005

45 minutes

Tonight, Monday, Luke and I went out for our weekly dinner. We went to Chipotle'. We sat outside, near Palm. I had a vegie bowl and Luke had a chicken burrito with extra sour cream. They POURED on the extra sour cream.
We talked about books we were reading, the orgin of sin, the characteristics of angels, heaven, hell, and college classes. It was a great time. 45 minutes. Luke told me about his college classes, people in his classes, teachers, learning, tests, taking millions of pages of notes, study groups. I laughed a lot. Tears rolling down my cheeks. Was anyone else out there eating too? I didn't notice. We laughed together. Father and son, man to man. I laughed deep, deep into my soul. I felt the deepest part me laugh. It was just 45 minutes with my son but in my heart it will last a life time.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Nice George. I like to imagine you and Luke sitting there, laughing and talking and just enjoying one another. And the extra sour cream, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home