Thursday, June 09, 2005

Faith of our fathers


Today's verse is about Abraham. Nearly every time I hear about him I think of this painting by Rembrandt. It is one of my favorites. Make sure to click on it to get a better look...it's amazing.

My two youngest children are leaving on vacation with their dad. They are going to Alaska on a cruise ship and flying on a commerical airliner for the first time. It is a wonderful adventure for them that they will never forget.

The thing is, I won't see them for about ten days. That's a long time and a lot of trust to send your kids--the same ones you have loved and cared for and tended to for every day of their lives--off on various precarious forms of transportation and whatnot. Yes I know this is a good thing for them, and frankly I am VERY happy to be going off to the mountains alone with Brad... But still. It's a little hard.

So can someone tell me how Abraham had the strength, faith and courage to hold a knife to his son's throat because God told him to?

It boggles the mind.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home