Wednesday, June 08, 2005

to keep Vesuvius from erupting


I am only about 100 pages into The Agony and the Ecstacy (I've got another 500+ to go) and I am loving it. Thank you Melody for the loan... I am thinking about the passion God puts into people. If it is there you cannot deny it and if ignored I think some sort of implosion takes place, in varying forms.

One of Michelangelo's instructors tries to hold him back from sculpting, as he does not believe his young student is 'ready' yet. When Michelangelo refuses to stop, the frustrated teacher exclaims "As well to try to keep Vesuvius from erupting."

I like that.

When I have left this earth and am with Jesus and my Father in Heaven at long last, I hope people will be able to say that about me and my exuberance to share Him while in this place.

There is sculpting yet to be done. Thankfully my Maker is the most magnificent, patient, and passionately dedicated of all.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm about 50 pages from fiishing the book. Amazing! The passion he lived was simply amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home