Friday, September 16, 2005

discernment. and when the light goes on.

'Discernment' seems like a churchy word. But it's a good thing to have.

Yesterday was week 3 of Girls Only. We are talking about how they are wonderfully made, and about what God has destined for these young women as opposed to what the world tells them is in store for them.

Their journal entry question was:
"What have you seen this week that was a lie about women?"

We got some interesting answers. My favorite was in regards to this rapper named Kenye West. Being totally unhip I had never heard of him, but apparently he is big, and has this song called Jesus Walks. So this sweet shy girl in my group says she thought he might be okay, because of that song. Now here comes the good part. She said this to me:

"But...um, Jamie. I heard his other songs. And he say every woman is a ho. But I ain't no ho, and God made me wonderful, and I don't think he should be sayin that. I never thought about it before. But so I ain't listening to his music no more now."

I love it. I love it when the light goes on, and the Holy Spirit begins to move in the heart. I love my job sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home