Thursday, September 01, 2005

Jesus at the Walmart

So this morning I was at Walmart buying stuff for Girls Only: glue sticks, notebooks, stickers.... very fun stuff. I randomly chose a register out of the fifteen or so in front of me. This woman is ringing me up, sees all the glitter and glue going by, and asks if I am a teacher, at which point I explain to her what I do.

Her: "Really? Do it cost anything to go to your after school club?"

Me: "Nope. It's all free."

Her: "Where you at?"

Me: "On Dakota between Fruit and Palm."

Now she smiles at me. Real big.

Her: "Well I guess Jesus done brought you through my line, girl. Cuz I got a nephew staying with me and I been praying for something to hook him up with after school. He's getting himself in a mess of trouble. Looks like you is my answer to prayer."

Oh, and yes...she lives three blocks away from Dakota House.

One thing I truly love about God is how He can use us no matter how broken we are and regardless of the messes we are in. He sets up divine appointments, prepares the hearts, makes the way, and all the while we think we are just going about our business, trying to make it through another day, buying up glitter glue pens and shiny sequins.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Cosby said...

yes you and walmart. i remember another epiphany you had there once. bless it

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger TonyB said...

Continue being available, keep shoppin'!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home