Saturday, September 24, 2005

A purpose driven woman...

There is an article in Christianity Today that caught my attention and I thought I would post it here instead of my blog...

First, Click HERE and read the article, I will wait...

Good to have you back, I made espresso for us while you were reading, so let's talk.

I thought of you while I was reading this article. A woman being rocked by the pain in others lives and not sure if she is wanting to do what God is calling her to do.

God is a loan shark, you borrowed life from God and He gave it to you at a high price - relationship. Pain is part of the relationship, this pain from what you see. It is a searing pain, a Jacob's hip kind of pain. It is affecting your walk, but you continue to walk, moving forward, because it hurts worse to sit down and not go anywhere.

There are times you want to not see the pain because there is too much and you feel you are ineffective because there is so much pain, so you withdraw. But the pain gets worse because you are not at His best when you are not in relationship to those you see who are in pain. "I cannot do this any more!!!" you cry out but yet what would you do? You are good at this. Too good. "Let someone else have this limp for a while, damn it."

You go to the market to buy some groceries for tonight's dinner but you see it on the faces of the others as you walk down the aisle. You hear it as the mother scolds her child who wants candy and they can't afford it. You want to fix it but you are not in relationship with them.

"I just want to work in my garden where I am effective and I can enjoy the fruit of my labor. I can enjoy the tomatos, the peppers, the corn." They are part of tonight's supper. "I get my hands dirty but I feel cleaner here, my heart is light here. I can add manure to the soil and it brings nutrients to the plants. I love the contrast of the coolness of the soil on my hands and the heat of the sun on my back. The smell of sweat on my blouse makes sense in the garden. I love working in my garden..."

You are created to love those people He has given you. You are created to enjoy their company just as you enjoy the taste of the tomato. You enjoy the taste because you take the time to taste not just consume. You taste with your whole mouth, you give it enough time to taste before you swallow. You know what it takes to produce it because your hands are still stained from the soil from the garden.

How can you take on someone else's pain when you are in pain? Is there anyone for your pain? Does anyone appreciate your flavor? Is anyone taking time for you? "Who's hands are stained with my life?" you ask.

Yes. There is someone...

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Mmmmm... tomatoes.
Nice, mio fratello.
Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home