Sunday, October 09, 2005

Who me?

I went to a teacher's conference last Thursday and Friday in Sacramento. At 8:30 am on Thursday morning all the Christian school teachers, staff, board members and administrators gather for a time of announcements, worship and the word. It is pretty early in the morning to be doing all of that but I sat there with the 5,000 others ready to go.
The worship was good and then they introduced the morning speaker, Rebecca Manley Pippert. By the time she was done speaking, I had a lump in my throat and I needed to go spend some time alone with Jesus telling him I was sorry. It was a good time with Him. Like they say in Monk, "Here's what happened."
Rebecca told the story of talking to a woman that had gotten an abortion. The gal was weeping uncontrollably and asked Rebecca what she should do. Rebecca said that she asked Jesus what to tell her. She didn't readily accept his word of counsel but then reluctantly said to the girl, "This is not the worst thing you have done. This is not the first innocent blood you have shed!" The girl stopped crying for the first time and had a questioning look on her face. Rebecca told her, "You, along with everyone else, crucified Christ by your sin. He is first innocent one you have killed." And when Jesus said, "Forgive them father they know not what they are doing, He meant YOU too!"
I knew that before. Heard in several times. Read about it too. But something happened Thursday morning that I pray will stick with me for a long long time.

1 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger one of many said...

a good reminder for all of us! thanks for sharing this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home