Monday, September 18, 2006

adventures in melville



It was a wonderful visit with Mel. Highlights included witnessing Mel turn in her term papers an impressive 50 minutes before the deadline, meeting Mel's friends for a post-papers celebration, a hike on the Mt. Baldy trail, a bike ride around Monrovia, worship at Harvest Rock church, a trip to the Norton Simon museum, a guided tour of The Container Store, several wrong turns on one way streets, and an auto emergency that involved using a hairbrush from my glovebox as a repair tool (which actually worked).

Thanks Melody. I had a great time.

4 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norton Simon! Did you see "The Mulberry Tree"? Man, we love that painting.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Yes we did. Stood about three inches from it and gaped. It was one of my favorite things there.

My other favorite was Sister Wendy. We watched a museum tour video of hers. I want to have coffee with Sister Wendy. About three thousand times. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/sisterwendy/meet/index.html

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Melody said...

What a list of adventures! Now maybe more people will want to come down to visit me. Heck, it sounds so exciting I almost wish I could visit myself! Jamie, it was so fun having you here.

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE the Container Store! it is so addicting! tool/hair brush, loves it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home