Thursday, February 24, 2005

Rocks sink

All of this wonderful talk about things floating got me thinking about what does not float. Well sometimes does not float.
I use to love it in my science classes when I would show students how well a paper clip could float in water if you did not break the "seal" on the water surface. It was fun. But then the moment came when I would get out a (volcanic) rock and it would float. The class would look at the rock and then they and then me would say something like, "Rocks sink!" Well, they are suppose to unless they are real porous and have air sealed in their insides. That was the key. They had to have a broken surface that allowed it to be full of air in their past and then sealed to where it was not allowed to escape.
I started thinking that it is kind of like us. We open up, we let the outside of us be opened, He breathes the life of His spirit into us and bingo, we're floating in the river of His life. Niiiiccceeeeeeee. It seems to me that the deeper He goes, the more we are filled with the "wind" of His spirit and more we float.
Rocks usually sink, but it is really cool when they float.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Hats off to the Analogy King. Oh wait.... you're the King of Understatement. Well, I guess you can be both. But doesn't wearing two crowns make your NECK HURT REAL BAD?

J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home