Friday, May 06, 2005

the dark is generous

The dark is generous.
It's first gift is concealment: out true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from us the truths of others.
The dark protects us from what we dare not know.
It's second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night's embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in day's harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that the dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it is the day that is temporary.
Day is the illusion.
It's third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark itself embraces the light, and brings forth from the center of its own self.
The dark is generous, and it is patient.
It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.
The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.
The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.
The dark's patience is infinite.
Eventually, even stars burn out.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Ok, not as upbeat and stuff as some of the quotes we have on here, but this is in the book I started last night, and it spoke to me, mostly, it made me understand that the devil is patient, but God is even more patient. I have often struggled with christians who believe in God, yet never acknowledge that a devil exsists. I ask myself, then why believe in God? To me understanding why the devil attacks me, makes me understand God's love and compassion for me. I may have to remove this blog after I think about it a few hours, sometimes I just think I am way too far out there. And I know that it isn't a very positive blog, but it helped me, in a weird way. So, for now, I will publish it, in an hour it may be gone. Oh, this book isn't a christian book or even by a christian author, you will have to ask me to find out which book it is.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger brad said...

Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of The Sith

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger one of many said...

yeah, but it still struck me profoundly! the force is with you my young padawan!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

'Upbeat' is highly overrated. Real is better. Love you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home