Thursday, May 05, 2005

the light from a guitar

many questions arose from my reference to the light coming from the guitar. so, i figured, i would try to explain that. knowing that i will probably sound like a complete psycho i ask for your grace in my attempt to clarify it. i have since a very young age been blessed/cursed (however you see it)with being able to "see" spiritual things. i don't enjoy it very much because sometimes it is distracting to normal everyday life stuff. yet, sometimes it comes in handy, like when my kids try to lie,i usually get the heads up, this drives them crazy and they wonder how i do that, in fact you should read the mothers day cards that tynin wrote to me in school, it says "my mom always knows when something is wrong or i am sick, even when i tell her i am not". but anyways, back to the subject...there are times, most prayer times usually when i will notice a certain "glow" around a person, it used to freak me out, i thought they were about to burst into flames. then i noticed that sometimes when people use the gift of tongues, it sounds like screaming to me, and it also doesn't sound like gibberish, it sounds like normal english. other times, i see a "light" radiate from peoples eyes and as paige says, "that's jesus looking at me." and then there is the guitar, sometimes, especially when i can't hear the sound coming out of it, i will notice that there is a light pouring from it, and it will "ground" me and i will focus all of my attention onto that light and it will get me through a hard memory, or it will give me courage to let go of a spirit, it will keep me on task, and let me know that i am not alone, because most times in a memory, i don't know that i am in a house, i cannot see any faces that are familiar, i only know touch and the things i can feel, like a blanket or pillow, doesn't feel like dirt or a box, so i can somehow tell myself that i not actually there. same thing with the light, i can't see the guitar for the most part, i can't see who is playing the guitar, i can't hear the guitar, but i can see the light pouring from it, and i know that jesus is there with me. ok, i know, pretty out there, but that is the only explanation i have to offer, take it or leave it. but next week i will be looking for the light to bring me back to you.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

Thanks for sharing this!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Dakota House said...

The scripture for today says to 'teach and admonish one another' which of course is what is going on here. Thank you , friend, for urging us all on to something more. I love you.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Cory PiƱa said...

Thank you! That means a great deal to me to know that I'm offering something. Glad to be a beacon. Or play a beacon. Or... you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home