Wednesday, May 04, 2005

feels like family to me

i found myself in a place last night,
a place i didn't really want to be in.
but, a place i had to go.
it was dark and scary,
and there were so many wrong things taking place.
really wrong.
a sense of dread overcame me.
where was i?
my "father" was there,
inflicting all kinds of horrors upon me.
my "parents" were not there,
a child alone.
yet, a short time later,
my vision cleared,
my eyes focused,
i was now in a place of beauty,
a place of calm
a place of light
the music was like being surrounded by
healing hands
the faces i saw
my dad
my sisters
my brothers
my family
they were there
they came to me
with help
with love
with compassion
without fear
without doubt
without hesitation
god knew what he was doing
it was dark and scary
but coming out into that
the joy returned
the calmness
the familiarity of family
the taste of popcorn
the feel of an embrace
the sound of a child laughing
the way the light looked as it poured forth from the guitar
i always dreamed of a happy family
and this feels like family to me

3 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well - that changed my life.
There, I said it.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

God is using you to change ALL of our lives, my friend. I feel grateful beyond words, blessed beyond comprehension, and postively brimming with hope.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Cosby said...

light from a guitar. what a weapon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home