Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Shield of Faith

"And take up the shield of faith so that you may be able to extinguish the fiery darts of the evil one".(memory paraphrase!)

There are times when we are too weak to hold up that shield. We've all been there. So last night, during the intensity, I had this picture of a person kneeling down who was unable to hold up the shield. All of us, however, were positioned around the person, deflecting with our shields the volley of arrows that were continually coming from the enemy. This gave Jesus the space He needed to come and do His thing. I loved this mental picture...a new way of looking at the Body.

4 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

Nice!
We need each other!
We are a body.
Hard but great time last night.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Dakota House said...

Mel--I love your picture, too. I will file it away and cherish it. Thank you.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger one of many said...

mel, i am so glad that you are there beside me with your shield, you are priceless to me.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Cosby said...

beautiful. take the dart for a friend. love you all

 

Post a Comment

<< Home