Sunday, July 03, 2005

my dearest friends

I came home today from a week in the mountains, at family camp with my husband and kids. It was quite a week! I will admit it was probably the least favorite week we have had at family camp, the food was awful, too many people i didn't care for, changes, etc... But, at the end of the week, I look back on what was so special about this year and realized, it was my dearest friends that made my week a happy joyous one! First of all, just seeing everyone after a months absence was awesome! Day one, Cosby comes up to me with an orange juice bar and I felt almost giddy. Seeing Mel and Shannon so happy and full of life again, touched me. Then George and Brad showing up, and everyone hanging out just laughing and catching up. Being around Tony for a week, I realize how much I miss him and how much i forget how much he makes me laugh. Paige jumping up to wave to Cory, almost "outed" me in front of the Presbyterians! Running into Lyndsay and her smile could melt ice! Praying with Laura and Mel, and then the encouragement they gave to me afterwards was rewarding. Going up to Outpost and hanging with Jaime in her element and seeing her almost everyday was like medicine to my soul. This week was not what I thought it would be when I left last Sunday, but it was a happy time for me, after a long period of sadness and fear . It was my dearest friends who made me feel special, and loved, protected, happy and whole. Thank you for being my family! I love and miss you all so much!

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Curious George said...

There is really nothing like family. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home