Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day to me

Yesterday Brad worked very very hard and now we have sprinklers in our back yard and hardly any trenches at all. We have Rainbirds that make the loveliest sound.

After dinner Nate, Emily, Izzy and I walked to the store and bought Mexican popsicles. We had a grand time together.

Last night Carlton stopped by on his 'hog' and was glowing from a biker church service he attended. An answer to his prayers. Nice.

This morning I got up early, and quietly, and crept upstairs to the bathtub, book in hand. I stayed in there a long time. I read this:

'If we hear, in our inner ear, a voice saying we are failures, we are losers, we will never amount to anything, this is the voice of Satan trying to convince the bride that the groom does not love her. This is not the voice of God. God woos us with kindness, He changes our character with the passion of His love.'

Right now I am drinking Starbucks coffee that Luke brought to us, and Brad is in the kitchen making latke (potato pancakes).

This morning Nate and Emily are coming to church with us, and this evening I will be with my older daughters, too.

God is changing my character by loving me so much.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Melody said...

Jamie,

I love that last line...that says it all. Richard Wurmbrand says that being a Christian is falling madly in love with Jesus. I like the simplicity of this statement, but think it is inextricably tied to yours. We are falling madly in love with Him the more we realize the depth of His gracious and tender love for us.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger TonyB said...

I love the sound of Rainbird Sprinklers, as well. Great post, Jamie. Much love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home