Thursday, May 12, 2005

MONK

Yes, I like the show Monk. He taught me something last night. As you may or may not know, Monk only drinks Sierra Springs bottled water. No other water will do. He would rather get the point of extreme thirst then drink any other water. Well, he found himself lost in the woods with two of his friends and of couse the friends find water and are down on all fours slurping up some water from this stream. Monk won't have anything to do with it. It's not Sierra Springs water. The others are getting their fill and are quite satisfied and still Monk stands there thirsty, weak and living a lie. This lie, that only Sierra Springs water is drinkable could kill him. In the mean time, all around him is celebration of the new found stream and the wonderful water. Monk stands still. Thirsty. He could die.
His friends convince him that the stream is the water source for Sierra Springs! His friends have to hold him to keep him from getting dirty as they lean him over to slurp up some water. And then Monk says it, "It is Sierra Springs!" And with the biggest smile ever, water rolling down his chin he says, "And it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!"
Oh yes I was reminded of a few things of my past as I was looking at that smile on Monk's face. Yes, standing next to the very thing that would give me life. 21 years of saying that I only drink of the world. Friends telling me, inviting me, pleading with me...drink, George, drink! No, I only drink of the world. Until one day, Larry Palmer helped me, lead me, held me as I leaned over and took my first drink of the water of the Holy Spirit. "IT IS LIFE, AND IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home